19 September 2012

To Existing.

I'm normally a loud girl, boisterous some might say, obnoxious others might call it.  If I'm not talking, I'm thinking, and if I'm not thinking, I'm trying really hard to focus and listen - but it's difficult with so much going on all around me all of the time.  I just want to touch it all, I want to be a part of every conversation - even strangers.  I want to walk every street and try every single kind of food there is to try.  I want to be involved in whatever's going on at the present, I want to be present, I want to live life.


Sometimes, I forget.  I forget that it's just as easy to experience things in quieter ways.  Sitting back and allowing yourself to revel in a moment.  To enjoy solitude, or patience.  To allow nothing to disturb your peace of mind and instead of orchestrating, just listen... for once.  The horns coming from the cars and buses outside my front door, the tea kettle whirling and whistling fumes of smoke into my kitchen ceiling, the flickering and twitching of the neon lights on nearly every building in this town.  To live in your own head is a dangerous thing, who knows what you'll find in there.  They don't always realize that even people like me have the quiet parts that no one ever knows.  Letting that be the story of my night.

No comments: