26 September 2012

There is a great weight on my chest tonight.  The pressure of a thousand unspoken words and misconstrued ideas passed between ears along the right side of the dinner table.  I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to give up so easily.  It was never what I wanted though.  Tell me I'm too quick to judge, more breakable than malleable, I could never understand your dreams because mine weren't the same.  That night I sat on that rooftop, tears escaping the corners of my eyes to the rhythm of that monotonous music you used to play late at night.  Covering up little truths with the lies I fed to you, spooning them out and making you swallow them like a simple note played again and again.  Let me show you the untruths, the mistrust and the deceit, the lies and disruptions.  I'll overturn this table and all of the people that sit beside me and watch me crumble.  I'll give you what you deserve, I'll hurt you the way you hurt me, I'll be everything you never thought I would be to you.  I'm sorry I said I couldn't stand being without you, I didn't want to imagine a life that didn't include you.  I know now, I was wrong.  Life is a beautiful symphony and your chorus just didn't fit in with the key of mine.  Better sit quietly now, be silent and still and patient.  Just you, with your thoughts, your mistakes.  I won't be one more.


No comments: