11 September 2012

Home is Wherever I'm...

I found myself deeply missing home this last week, an unexpected event.  I don't mean just missing events or specific humans, but really and truly missing the place and collection of people where I have grown in the past few years.  My heart isn't whole without certain circumstances and certain people included in those, and I have yet to create new ones here. Of course I haven't been here long, and I absolutely know I will create new pieces of my life and who I am in this brand new country around all of these brand new faces, but the transition is difficult.  Just something I've struggled with these past few days.  I have great company here, really excellent actually.  But as I see some people leaving after building a life here over the past 12 months, I realize that I will be in their position in a year, and that scares me.  I don't like leaving those I love, the places I feel at home... it's weird to think that Korea will become that place.  I can't imagine it.

No comments: