27 February 2013

This song is giving me another reason to hate you
But most days I feel nothing
Open my eyes to the morning and feel nothing
Completing the monotonous motions of my day and I feel nothing
Even when I don't feel happy I paint on a smile
I try to cry when I know I should be upset
But I know I feel nothing
Then, as if by some force beyond what I am capable of controlling
I feel it all
All at once
It washes over me and I am thrown back
Into this restless cycle of wishing I could call
Wanting to touch your face and feel the curve of your spine along your back
I cry because I don't even know her anymore
The girl I once was
The girl you used to love
I forget you and I feel nothing
I feel you again and I can't control myself
Is it better to flat line
Or to feel washed away in someone else's sea?

No comments: